Benefits of Broccoli
Benefits of Broccoli :According to several studies, broccoli is one of the vegetables that benefit the human body. Of Mediterranean origin, broccoli is a vegetable that is thousands of years old, although in reality, the popularity of its consumption did not arrive until the last century when it spread throughout the United States with the arrival of Italian immigrants.
Properties & Benefits of broccoli
Like most vegetables, broccoli is a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Although it has many similarities with cauliflower, even in terms of taste, in fact, broccoli has even more benefits and is that it is a great contributor to vitamin C, since for every 100 grams it provides about 110 milligrams of this substance, ideal for Regeneration of cells and prevention of inflammations. However, it is also rich in vitamins A, K, B, and minerals such as magnesium, chromium, iron, zinc, potassium andphosphorus.
Benefits of Broccoli as a great source of vitamin C
Without a doubt, one of the most striking characteristics of broccoli is that it is highly healthy since 100 grams of this vegetable only represent 38 kilocalories, so it is an ideal option for all those people who want to keep their figure or who are following a diet. In addition, it should be known that although its season occurs between the months of November and April, it is one of the vegetables that can be easily found at any time of the year.
Benefits of consuming broccoli
The great nutritional properties of broccoli that have been detailed above promote a series of direct benefits in our body:
It is easy to find it at any time of the year
- It contains vitamin C, which helps repair tissues; it is a magnificent antioxidant and facilitates the elimination of toxic substances from the body. In addition, it favors the absorption of minerals such as iron and helps strengthen the immune system, acting against colds or even more serious diseases such as cancer.
- Vitamin A in broccoli is another excellent antioxidant, responsible for the maintenance of tissues, and especially the mucous therefore is one of the vitamins most appropriate for eye problems. It is also important in the case of infections or inflammations due to its regenerative capacity.
- This vegetable helps not to create clots in the circulatory system thanks to its vitamin K content and also favors the creation of red blood cells thanks to the vitamins of group C that it provides.
- Broccoli helps us feel more energetic because it is a great source of protein. As such, it helps to regenerate the muscles and maintain their strength. It also contains high doses of Omega 3 , fatty acids that the human body is unable to generate on its own, so its intake is essential. Omega 3 contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system as well as prevents inflammatory diseases such as arthritis and arthrosis.
- Due to its almost zero fat content, broccoli is indicated in people with overweight problems. In fact, the fat it provides is minimal, and it is the previously mentioned Omega 3 fatty acids, a healthy and necessary compound for the body. For these reasons, the intake of this vegetable is capable of reducing cardiovascular disease and cholesterol.
- For every 100 grams of broccoli, there are 2.6 grams of fiber, which is an important number. Remember that it is very important to take the recommended daily amounts of fiber, about 25 grams a day, to regulate intestinal transit and make this substance reduce blood glucose and cholesterol levels. Consequently, fiber is beneficial in preventing cardiovascular and intestinal diseases.
- Thanks to the mineral content, broccoli makes the body gain energy and eliminate toxins. Thus, in addition to a fantastic antioxidant, it has other abilities such as promoting the proper functioning of the nervous system when sending orders to the locomotor system, increasing memory capacity, and being beneficial to alleviate cases of migraines. It is also important to highlight its high iron level, which is ideal for strengthening the immune system and increasing hemoglobin in the circulatory system, making us feel stronger.
Healthy Broccoli Detox Juices
Whether due to stress, health problems, or simply a few days of excessive eating, there are many reasons why the body must undergo a detoxification process. For this, the detox ingredients that can be found are varied, such as turmeric, pineapple, or green tea.
Here are some suggestions of detox shakes with which you are sure to get your body back to full power.
Celery and broccoli detox juice
This smoothie stands out for its diuretic capacity, since more than 90% of its content is water due to the ingredients used to prepare it. These are as follows:
- 250 gr. broccoli
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 red apple
Start by washing the 250 grams of broccoli with plenty of tap water and then divide it into bouquets that you must put in the mixer. Next, do the same for the 3 celery stalks: wash them to remove any traces of soil, and then chop them into pieces before adding them to the broccoli.
Finally, peel the red apple, remove the core, and add it to the mixer as well. Finally, put the lid on and crush everything for a few minutes until the ingredients are completely integrated. In case it is too thick, you can also add a little semi-skimmed milk until the juice has the texture you want.
Other Easy & Healthy detox juices
Ginger and turmeric juice
Spices are essential in the kitchen, but most of them have such relevant health benefits that they can also be consumed directly in the form of infusions or juice like what we indicate below and for which you will need:
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- Chopped fresh parsley
To prepare this detox juice, you will need a piece of fresh ginger, which you must peel and then chop or grate. When you are ready, put it in a mixer and also add the tablespoon of turmeric coffee powder and the chopped fresh parsley.
Finally, peel the 2 oranges and add them to the rest of the ingredients before crushing everything. When you have a homogeneous mixture, it will be time to add the water little by little and beat until the juice has the texture that you like. This smoothie, in addition to being detox, also has anti-inflammatory properties thanks to ginger and turmeric. Also, it is also recommended for those who suffer from digestive problems or diseases that affect breathing.
Kale and spinach juice
This smoothie is one of the most complete as it is highly nutritious, and is that among its ingredients are:
- 200 gr. red berries
- 100 gr. spinach
- 100 gr. from kale
- 1/2 stalk celery
- Lemon juice
Wash the celery stalk under the tap to remove any dirt and dirt, then cut it into slices before throwing it into the mixer. Next, wash the 100 grams of spinach leaves and the 100 grams of kale leaves, adding them to the celery and a splash of lemon juice.
Finally, incorporate the red fruits, being able to choose the ones that you like the most – blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, or making a mixture of several. Crush everything until the ingredients have blended and add a little water until the juice has the proper texture. Take advantage!
Cucumber and apple juice
The benefits of this shake are twofold, as it is not only perfect for helping the body cleanse itself, but it is perfect for anyone who suffers from regular episodes of constipation. To prepare it, you need:
- 2 green apples
- 1 cucumber
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- Spinach or kale leaves
- Fresh ground ginger
The first step to prepare this cucumber and apple detox juice and laxative, which is also delicious, will be to peel the 2 big heads and remove the core. Then put the cut apple in a mixer. Then wash the cucumber with plenty of tap water, slice it, and add it too.
Squeeze the lemon half, add the juice to the rest of the ingredients, and the parsley sprig and a handful of the green leaves you have chosen. Finally, peel the ginger root and grind it, adding 1 tablespoon to the mixer. Crush everything for a couple of minutes until you have a completely homogeneous juice and without any lump.
If what you are looking for is a recipe that helps you cleanse the body and gives you an extra supply of energy, this is yours. Its ingredients are as follows:
- 50 grams of pumpkin
- 1 banana
- 1 slice of celery
- 1 small spoonful of ginger powder
To prepare this detox juice, the pumpkin must be raw, since you only have to peel it and remove the seeds before putting it in the slightly chopped mixer. Then you just have to add the rest of the ingredients: the banana, a small piece of celery, and 1 tablespoon of fresh ground ginger coffee.
Start the mixer at full speed and, when all the ingredients are perfectly crushed, add water little by little until you have a smoothie that suits your tastes in terms of texture.