Driving license renewal process in has become so easy and convenient for everyone seeking such services. It can be done at the comfort of your home through eCitizen portal.
The portal is a free online service that enables citizens to access most government services and it allows online payments via Safaricom MPESA integration.
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) enables motorists to renew their driving license online by following a few simple steps.
Driving License Renewal Process Through eCitizen Portal
- Register on ecitizen portal by creating your account. Register >eCitizen portal. If you have account, kindly login below.
- Log-in to the eCitizen portal with your E-mail address or National ID Number and Password.
- Select National Transport and Safety Authority for online renewal of driving license in Kenya
- Click on Submit Application, then Driving Licenses
- You can either choose one year driving licence renewal or three years driving licence renewal.
- It is important to confirm the application details. For one year driving licence renewal it will cost you KES 600 while for three years driving licence renewal, it will cost you KES 1,400 with an additional convenience fee of KES 50.
- Double check and confirm your driving license renewal details, then click Apply Now. Finally press Submit
- Choose your preferred mode of payment. NTSA allows use of mobile money such as MPESA and Orange Money. One can also pay using a Debit or Credit card
- Print your driving renewal license slip.