Finding Property in Turkey – Fail-Safe Procedures
You may have read of the amazing real estate options in Turkey and the many reasons why it is a great place to buy property.
A little bit of detour; What are the most popular reasons people buy property in Turkey?
- The Economy is tourist-friendly, and the culture is receptive to foreigners: No one wants to go to a place where they are not welcome, and Turkey opens its arms wide to visitors.
- The relaxation options: Turkey is one of the most touristy locations in the world, with many beaches, hotels and resorts, playgrounds, museums, etc. Making it one of the most sought-after places for tourism worldwide.
- The Government Policies are tourist-friendly: You can obtain residency by buying property in the country. You can also own specific properties 100% as a foreigner, not to mention the many perks granted to visitors who tour the place.
- Cost of living is reasonable: People literally work to make a living in many European countries, but Turkey gives you a chance to live and work, and not just work all your life. Food is reasonably accessible, and you can earn a decent life. As such, you are unlikely to see people scuttling to work endlessly 24 hours all day a week.
- Cost of acquiring property: While you have to save a killing from being able to afford a property in Europe and many parts of the world, flats prices in Turkey sea view will amaze you. You can get these exquisite housing options for less than $200,000 equivalent to Baht. Although the market is largely growing, and there are now many options with huge price tags, you are certain to get your money’s worth when you invest in Turkey.
The next question is how to buy properties in Turkey and smile while at it.
Procedures That Will Save You All The Stress
A lot of people are looking for ways to purchase properties outside their countries without having to stress, worry, or carry out multiple meetings to no end. If you are searching for such procedures in Turkey, then you are in luck!
You have stumbled upon the article that will show you how to purchase wisely and yet, easily. The points highlighted below are applicable to all kinds of properties in Turkey, including Sea view properties, villas, penthouses, etc.
There are specific ground rules that can help you in your search for a home in Turkey. Read on to learn these tips.
The Power Of Word Of Mouth!
According to Turk.Estate, more than 60% of people who purchase properties independently of agents and realtor companies do so by the word-of-mouth route. One good but often underrated means of getting property fast in Turkey is by word of mouth.
You will achieve faster results and also get neater properties you didn’t know existed by telling somebody to tell somebody that you are in search of an apartment. This method is so good because, oftentimes, when people move out of properties, the landlord often gets a replacement, and in such a case, they do not need to place an ad or post the vacancy online.
This means that many transactions are taking place offline. When you tell as many people as you can that you are looking for an apartment, you are likely to be directed to such vacancies around.
Note: This portion is specifically handy when you are already living in Turkey and looking for an apartment to buy or rent in any of its cities.
How: You can tell your food vendor, colleagues at the office, your partner, your delivery guy, at the restaurant, etc. Just keep putting the word out there that you are looking for an apartment; you are very much likely to find one in no time.
The Power Of Real Estate Aggregator Websites
Secondly, the second most powerful tool to utilize in property search in Turkey is the use of aggregator websites, such as the current one you are reading from. What are aggregator websites, you may ask?
These are websites that gather all the listings and postings of various property sellers, realtors, and organizations. Therefore, instead of searching 300+ websites to find a property that meets your requirements, you can get the 300+ data of properties from one website, select, choose, and proceed with your purchase from there.
The power of real estate aggregator websites comes from the ease and comfort you ordinarily do not get from other searches.
How: With these websites, you can merely select your chosen area and search using keywords that are peculiar to your chosen property or your most preferred location. You can also search based on price and features/facilities.
Note: This tool comes in handy for people who are not living in Turkey and who look forward to moving there; you can use it as a preliminary search tool and then complete the search process when you move into the country or when you are physically available.
Other Options – Real Estate Agency
Thirdly, there is the option of using rent and sales companies in the real estate sector. These real estate agencies are middlemen who link intending purchasers or renters with available properties and help streamline their searches.
Your agent is to work in your best interest by finding you properties that meet your standard and requirements and serving as your guide until the sale is complete.
Unlike Option One (word of mouth) or Option Two (websites), a real estate agent will cost you money – usually on a percentage basis of the total cost of the property/rental.
Therefore, if you are using a real estate agent, you should preserve 5 – 20% of your budget for their payment. Please note that that is just a range, it could be more or less.