The Investor’s Guide to Cyprus: Exploring Real Estate Opportunities While Traveling
Cyprus is a perfect country to live in. The sun glows all year round, life is measured and calm, there are no causes for anxiety, and criminality is low. The whole family can live in such conditions. This state is distinguished by a high level of teaching and a reliable healthcare system. Cyprus also has impeccable business importance:
- a simplified process for registering firms;
- low taxation rates;
- tax pacts with other countries.
Cyprus is a business center of global significance and a gateway to Europe.
Who purchases property in Cyprus, and for what purposes?
To understand why it is popular to buy property in Cyprus for foreigners, you must decide why tourists purchase real estate abroad.
There are several reasons:
- the desire to permanently move to another country with your family;
- the desire to change the climatic conditions of their country of residence to more favorable and comfortable ones;
- the ability to preserve capital by investing in real estate in another country;
- the desire to have personal living space for the vacation period;
- providing children with the opportunity to live and study abroad.
Unlike other countries offering real estate to foreigners, Cyprus satisfies all of the above requests.
Investments in real estate allow its owner to live in a country that is part of the EU, where high standards of living are met.
Cyprus has very effective education for schoolchildren. You can choose a private English school and make it easier for your child to enroll in a prestigious university in England or another English-speaking country.
The popularity of Cyprus as a resort area is undeniable. Vacationers are guaranteed a pleasant vacation here. In addition, there is the possibility of earning money from renting out housing to tenants in your absence or on an ongoing basis if you consider the purchase of square meters as a rental business. You can always sell real estate and make money by increasing its value.
The climate of Cyprus has additional advantages; it is unique in its medical indicators. The island is one of the few places on the planet where allergy sufferers and asthmatics can breathe calmly, heart problems are perfectly rehabilitated, and skin diseases are almost completely cured.
The main customers of Cyprus property are wealthy segments of the population – businessmen and senior managers.
The island’s climate is characterized by sunny weather – 11 hours a day in the summer and up to 5.5 hours in the winter. The average summer temperature is +29 °C, for mountainous areas +22 °C, maximum temperature +36 °C. In the winter season, on the plains, +10 °C, in mountainous areas covered with snow from +3 °C to 0 °C. Sea water is quite warm throughout the year.
In summer, more than +22 °C. In winter, at least +16 °C. Given these facts, it is not surprising that the island’s main resorts are among the key markets in the Cyprus real estate sector.
Interesting sights, beautiful nature, clear sea, delicious cuisine, and amazing hospitality of the local people await you in Cyprus:
- Bath of Aphrodite. According to legend, it is in Cyprus that there is a legendary spring in which Aphrodite took baths while waiting for her Adonis. Surprisingly, the source has survived intact to this day. According to legend, swimming in this bath can give women beauty and health – so why not take advantage of it? And the orange groves surrounding this place turn it into a real Garden of Eden, so don’t forget to take your camera with you;
- Famagusta. If you want to tickle your nerves, you should go to Famagusta – a ghost town. Of course, to say this is not entirely correct – only one area is closed for living in it, the rest there are residents. However, even this area looks impressive – laundries in which laundry is still hanging, broken plates in the cafe. It seems the residents only left this place for a while and will return soon. However, more than thirty years have passed since the area was abandoned;
- WaterWorld Waterpark. It’s not for nothing that Cyprus is famous for its water parks. Just imagine: in the WaterWorld water park, more than one hundred thousand square meters are allocated for entertainment! Steep slides, huge pools, themed areas, and saunas await you. Be sure to ride on such attractions as “Descent to Atlantis”, “The Dive of Apollo”, and “The Fall of Icarus”. And don’t miss the chance to relax in the waves of the “Poseidon Pool”, which measures over 3,000 square meters – the largest pool in Cyprus!
- Erimi, Sotira, and Episkopi Tours and Museums. On the edge of the village of Erími, just northwest of Kolossi, lies the private Cyprus Wine Museum. There are clear signs on the road leading to it. In a small, modernly designed exhibition, items, documents, and short multimedia videos tell about the history and current state of viticulture on the island. All Cypriot wines are presented in the courtyard and the large tasting room. There are some to try, and over 100 different varieties are offered for sale. Just past the adjacent bridge, there is a fork where the road to Kandoú begins. Since 1974, refugees from Northern Cyprus have been living there. In a northwest direction, a sign indicates the road to Sotíra. From the excavation site of a Neolithic settlement, lying on the 322 m high Teppes hill, a fabulous panorama of the sea and the Troodos mountains opens up. This place, so advantageously located and abundantly supplied with water from two springs, has always attracted settlers. Judging by the foundations of the dwellings, which were rectangular or oval in plan and consisted of one room, it can be assumed that they had a flat roof, a round hearth, and benches inside.
Property to buy
If you are in love with the magnificence of Cyprus, you require to live here. Cyprus-Real.Estate proposes a wide spectrum of properties, and you can find wonderful proposals.