Pros And Cons Of Crossfit
Surely you have heard of crossfit in recent years. It is a high intensity sports discipline that currently has many followers. The CrossFit seeks to increase the physical resistance of the person, although it also allows you to lose weight and strengthen all the muscle mass of the body.
Despite the many benefits it brings to the body, crossfit also has some other disadvantages that must be taken into account.
What is crossfit
It is a high intensity workout that usually lasts 45 to 50 minutes, and that includes cardiovascular exercises, strength work, and weightlifting. When practicing, it is recommended that the person has good muscular endurance, good flexibility, and physical background. Apart from this, good biomechanics of movement is required at all times since otherwise, there can be serious injuries to different parts of the body.
Pros And Cons Of Crossfit ;Benefits and dangers of CrossFit
There are many benefits of crossfit, and that is why there are more and more followers of this type of sports discipline. However, there are many cases of injuries that have occurred in people who have not known how to assess their physical condition and who have practiced crossfit. As it is a physically demanding exercise, it is essential to put yourself in the hands of a coach before practice.
The crossfit can be adapted to any person taking into account at all times its physical conditions. Each person will follow a training routine since someone who does sports regularly is not the same as someone who hardly ever does anything. From here, crossfit provides a series of benefits that are worth commenting on:
- Helps increase cardiovascular and respiratory resistance.
- Increases the physical resistance of the person.
- Increase muscle mass.
- It helps to lose kilos.
- It fosters social relations since it is a sports discipline that is practiced in a group.
Crossfit risks or Dangers
If a person begins to practice crossfit on their own without evaluating their own physical condition, they are exposed to the following:
- Possible injuries to the muscles, tendons, or ligaments.
- Spinal injuries.
- Increase in blood pressure.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Certain alterations in the cardiovascular system.
Tips when practicing crossfit
If you decide to practice crossfit, it is important to follow a series of tips that we give you below:
- Before all, it is important to go to the doctor to examine you thoroughly and give you the go-ahead to practice such a sport. Many people start to practice crossfit despite a physical condition that is not desirable.
- It is essential to put yourself in the hands of a personal trainer who knows how to guide you at all times to avoid the risk of suffering an occasional injury.
- It is recommended to increase the intensity of the exercises gradually.
- Take time to rest after each routine and recover perfectly before starting the next.
- The hydration is essential when performing crossfit. Don’t skimp on drinking water continuously.
- Before starting the routine, it is essential to warm up perfectly to avoid possible injuries.
- Diet is also key to the effectiveness of crossfit. It must be healthy as well as balanced.
As you have seen, there are many benefits of practicing crossfit. However, it is a sports discipline that must be done under the supervision of a coach since the risk of injury is quite high.