How does self esteem affect relationships? 5 things women with good self-esteem do differently in relationships
How does self esteem affect relationships ?Low self-esteem leaves us trapped in bad relationships, sabotages us, and makes us feel devastated when we end up with someone we like. Having high self-esteem does not guarantee a happy relationship, but it equips you with the skills necessary to identify what you want and what you deserve to have, and the strength to walk away if necessary.
How does self esteem affect relationships
Here are some things that women with good self-esteem do:
1) Women with good self-esteem believe that they deserve to be loved and not question how someone feels about them. They know they are good, competent, and kind. They trust that the right person for them will see all those qualities.
They do not attribute their value to what a man thinks. Therefore they do not feel anxious and stressed when a man’s feelings are unclear. Instead, they assume that taste is mutual and that they can be present in a relationship and enjoy it without fear or doubt.
2) A confident woman knows that if a relationship falls apart, it is because it was not right. Not because they did something wrong. Not all coincide, and sometimes it can be completely incompatible. This does not make anyone a bad person, and a confident woman does not take it personally when a man does not want a romantic relationship. She realizes that they are not the ideal partner and moves on.
However, when a woman is insecure, and the man leaves, she goes mad. Se becomes obsessed, analyzes, and responds to each interaction to discover what she did wrong. Consciously she may know that it just wasn’t a good match, but deep down, she clings to a destructive belief that she was the problem and that she isn’t worth loving.
3) A confident woman sets strong limits. Strong limits and self-esteem go hand in hand. Having strong limits means that you prioritize your needs and emotions and don’t take responsibility for someone else’s needs and emotions.
A confident woman knows what she should and should not accept, and she does not allow herself to be pressured or forced to do things that she does not want. She does not act to please a man.
When you have weak limits, you can sell yourself in a relationship and endure unacceptable treatment. Secure people do not give up parts of themselves to have a relationship if the man wants to demand something more; they leave.
4) A confident woman trusts the decisions she makes. A key component of having self-esteem is trusting yourself to make the right decisions while realizing that you are prepared to deal with any situation if things go wrong.
A woman with self-esteem does not constantly question her actions, nor does she feel in conflict about what she has to say. It acts based on how you feel and is always authentic.
In contrast, a woman with low self-esteem does not trust her judgment, instinct, and fear of being wrong. As a result, you live your life in a state of anxiety or seek others’ guidance to do the right thing.
5) A woman with self-esteem feels secure in the relationship. She doesn’t need to have a title or a ring to confirm that a man cares. She can be in the relationship and let it evolve naturally without any pressure.
Of course, this does not imply that you stay with a man who does not commit. If the man doesn’t commit in the same way that she wants, she leaves.
Having low self-esteem can be one of the worst things that a woman can experience because suffering will be present in her in any relationship that begins.
If you felt identified with this article, it’s time for you to start working on raising that self-esteem. Come on, yes, you can!