Reishi Mushroom Capsules: Stress Relief from Nature
If your only previous exposure to mushrooms was pizza and Super Mario Bros., then you might not have heard about reishi mushroom capsules. They are a quick, easy and convenient way to consume a mushroom that’s been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for millennia.
One of reishi’s biggest benefits is its capacity for stress-busting. Since we live in a fast-paced society where great expectations are the norm, it’s becoming clear that the growing pressure on us to succeed is taking a terrible toll. Can reishi mushroom capsules help? Let’s find out.
How Can Reishi Reduce Stress?
Known as the “Mushroom of Immortality,” reishi has a long and illustrious history of use in various cultures. They grow on hardwood trees and are relatively hard to find. The best reishi mushroom capsules on the market are packed with this fantastic fungus, which contains a litany of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Reishi is synonymous with adaptogenic properties. For those who don’t know (which included me until about three minutes ago), adaptogens are natural substances that help our bodies adapt to stressors. In this instance, a ‘stressor can be emotional, physical, or environmental.
So, to continue the nerdy science stuff (sorry), those reishi mushroom capsules you use contain triterpenes and polysaccharides. These compounds play a big part in modulating the body’s stress response. If you use reishi capsules daily, you’ll find that the mushroom helps regulate the release of stress hormones such as cortisol when you get stressed.
In a nutshell, you benefit from an improved mood and a lower level of anxiety. So, when Paul the Pedant from Accounts complains about something so trivial that it hurts your teeth, you’ll resist the urge to accidentally put a brick through his car window. Instead, you’ll take a deep breath and give the baby his bottle.
Incidentally, reishi mushroom capsules also have anti-inflammatory effects. If you’re under stress for long enough, you could end up with chronic inflammation. This, in turn, can cause medical issues such as cardiovascular disease and digestive problems. If only Paul knew that his constant stream of inane demands was killing you, he might tone it down a notch. Actually, no, because Paul is the kind of guy who enjoys kicking puppies.
How Many People Have Stress?
The quick answer is any workplace or home that has a Paul-type character in it, which is basically all of them. According to data from the American Psychological Association (APA), over 70% of American adults have experienced additional health impacts because of stress. There’s little doubt, then, that reishi mushroom capsules could enjoy a surge in sales!
The APA also found that 70% of adults said they believed that people in the government didn’t care about them. This is an astonishing statistic. I mean, what’s wrong with the other 30%?
Let’s take the financial crisis as an example. After several years of garbage regulation that allowed finance folk to act like drunks at the roulette table, making tons of risky and ultimately bad bets, the banking system utterly collapsed. Countless people suffered financial ruin for having the temerity to believe that ‘safe’ investments were actually safe.
But that’s okay because the people most at fault were left to rot and a huge number of arrests were made. Oh.
The United States is considered one of the wealthiest and most affluent nations in the world. Yet a disturbing percentage of our tap water is effluent. According to CNN, almost half of the tap water in the country is contaminated.
So, with financial issues and bad drinking water, we have political instability with two major parties incapable of agreeing on what day of the week it is. A constant feeling that our rights are under attack and a general feeling that the country’s future looks bleak. Yes, I would say that a batch of reishi mushroom capsules looks pretty good right about now.
Reishi Mushrooms Could Help with Stress
Unfortunately, reishi mushroom capsules won’t help red and blue come together and do their jobs. The capsules won’t prevent micromanaging morons from making your life a misery. They won’t ensure that people who commit financial crimes that eroded life savings will get their just desserts.
What they might do is help you get through the day in an increasingly crazy world.