Reverse MPESA: It happens to everybody! You can miss one digit of the contact and the money is sent to a wrong number. Safaricom has now made it easy to reverse the transaction as Safaricom using a a code that allow you to reverse the MPESA transaction. Before this, many people lost money to strangers unless luckily you found that person who received the MPESA cash is a good samaritan.
How to Reverse MPESA Transaction Sent to Wrong Number
Here is how you can reverse MPESA Transaction sent to a wrong number. Immediately you notice you have sent money to the wrong Safaricom MPESA number;
- Select the MPESA Transaction message received from MPESA Safaricom by long pressing the message (Press for 1-2 second)
- On the Message Options that will appear, click Forward.
- Type 456 and Click send /Send the MPESA message to 456.
- Safaricom will then reverse the transaction.
- Done. Sometimes reversal may no be immediate but Safaricom will notify you.